PRAYERS TO END THE YEAR!
In the few days, we’ll be saying farewell to this year, and saying welcome to a New Year.
Indeed God has been good to us.
I want you to know that He who began a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ (Philippians 1: 6).
God is at work in your life. He will surely glorify His name in you.
The Lord is giving us a direction to pray His Word this day.
Let the following forty prayers bless you as you draw nigh unto Him and prayerfully walk through the remaining part of this year and walk into the New Year.
Scriptures for Meditation
Hebrews 12:1 – Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us.
Ecclesiastes 7:8 – Better is the end of a thing than the beginning thereof: and the patient in spirit is better than the proud in spirit.
Zechariah 4:6-9 – Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the Lord unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the Lord of hosts.
Who art thou, O great mountain? before Zerubbabel thou shalt become a plain: and he shall bring forth the headstone thereof with shoutings, crying, Grace, grace unto it.
Moreover, the word of the Lord came unto me, saying,
The hands of Zerubbabel have laid the foundation of this house; his hands shall also finish it, and thou shalt know that the Lord of hosts hath sent me unto you.
Thank God for Everything
- 1. Dear Heavenly Father, I give You thanks from the depth of my heart. You are a good Father. You have been good to me, to my family and to my destiny. Your mercy has seen me through all these months. For this I say, thank You LORD, in Jesus name. (1 Chronicles 16:34, Psalm 136:1-3).
- 2. Indeed Father, this is the year You have made. Thank You for giving me joy all through this year. Thank You for surrounding me with Your peace. Thank You for delivering me from the works of darkness. In Jesus name.
- 3. O LORD, I thank You for all the prayers I have made this year. Thank You for answering all my prayers. There is no prayer of mine that You have not answered. For this I say thank You Lord. In Jesus name.
- 4. “O LORD, I give You thanks with my whole heart; before the gods I sing your praise; I bow down toward your holy temple and give thanks to your name for your steadfast love and your faithfulness, for you have exalted above all things your name and your word in my life, in Jesus name.” (Psalm 138:1-2 – ERV).
- 5. Thank You LORD for protecting and preserving my life. Thank You for disallowing the plans of the devil in my life and family this year. Indeed, He who watches over me does not slumber nor sleep. Be thou glorified, in Jesus name.
- 6. O LORD, thank You for dividing the Red Sea that confronted us during the course of the year. I appreciate You making a way for me to walk in victory throughout this year, in Jesus’ name.
- 7. Thank You Father for the gift of salvation. For by grace we are saved, not of works, lest any man should boast. Thank You for the gift of the Holy Spirit, who lives in us and helps us at all times. Thank You for the gift of Your Word, through which we know Your will for our lives. Thank You for sending your angels to take charge and keep us in all our ways. In Jesus’ name.
- 8. Thank You O LORD for providing for us all through the year. You have not allowed us to lack and suffer hunger as You promised in Your Word. Receive our thanks in Jesus name.
- 9. Thank You Heavenly Father for the Blood of Jesus Christ that washes us from all unrighteousness, and speaks better things for us, even when we do not know it. Thank you, Lord Jesus, that by the reason of your blood, no weapon formed against us prospered and they that gathered together against us and our loved ones were scattered. Be praised forever and ever in Jesus name.
- 10. O LORD, thank You for the performance of Your Word in our lives and in the lives of our loved ones, and for doing much more than we could ever have asked for, or dream of, during the course of the year, in Jesus’ name.
- 11.Father LORD, please forgive every sin I committed knowingly and unknowingly during the year, in Jesus’ name.
- 12.Forgive me for every door I opened this year as a result of ignorance, carelessness, and compromise, in the name of Jesus Christ.
- 13.Forgive us for the times I didn’t decrease for You to increase in my life. Forgive me for every sin of pride, loquaciousness, exaggerations, and hardness of heart, in Jesus’ name.
- 14.Father, please forgive us our trespass of unforgiveness towards others. Forgive me for times when the Holy Spirit spoke to me and I did not pay attention because I was consumed in my own ways. In Jesus’ name.
- 15.LORD, forgive me for times I doubted You where I was supposed to exercise faith and take steps and bring You glory, in Jesus name.
Grace for Restoration of Lost Opportunities
- 16.Heavenly Father, please reveal opportunities that I missed this year; grant me the grace to be conscious of future opportunities, in Jesus’ name.
- 17.Whatever opportunities, blessings, and breakthroughs I have missed in these past months, O LORD, I ask for a seven-fold restoration, in Jesus name.
- 18.LORD, give me more wisdom and understanding to manifest Your peace, joy, blessings, and prosperity in the remaining part of this year, in Jesus name.
- 19.Empower me by the Holy Spirit to be kingdom minded and yield to the Leading of the Holy Spirit, all through the remainder part of this year, in Jesus name.
- 20.Holy Spirit, I ask You for clear and specific direction in my life, family, and ministry henceforth. As the year is coming to an end, please show me areas I need to invest my strengths, sow seeds of love and take steps of faith, for the Glory of God, in Jesus name.
I Shall Finish Strong
- 21. I declare by faith, during these last days of this year:
- I will not die prematurely,
- My loved ones shall not die,
- Our businesses and ministries shall not die
We will live to declare the glory, power, and faithfulness of God, in Jesus’ name.
- 22.O LORD, because it is written in Your Word that better is the end of a thing than the beginning (Ecclesiastes 7:8), I decree that this year will end well for me and my household, in Jesus name.
- 23. I reject bitterness, self-condemnation, and depression as this year ends in Jesus name.
- 24. It is written in Zechariah 4:9: “The hands of Zerubbabel have laid the foundation of this house; his hands shall also finish it.” Therefore I declare that I shall finish whatever project I began this year well, in Jesus name.
- 25. From today and into the New Year – I go in Peace! The God of heaven has granted my petition. Every of my entitled blessings for the year, that is still hanging and pending before now, be released and come to me this day, in Jesus name.
Rebuke the works of darkness
- 26. O LORD, it is written that they shall surely gather together, but not by You: whosoever shall gather together against me shall fall for my sake (Isaiah 54:15). I, therefore, decree this day:
- 27. Every evil gathering against my life and family this year, scatter in Jesus name
- Whatever evil decision or agreement has been reached in the spirit world against me and my loved ones this year, I command them to be frustrated, in Jesus name.
- It is also written in Isaiah 54:17 that “No weapon that is formed against me shall prosper, and every tongue that shall rise against me in judgment I shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord.”
- Therefore O LORD, I condemn this day every tongue that is speaking evil against me, in Jesus name.
- Every evil arrows and weapon projected against my life, my family and my destiny, in this remainder part of the year and into the New Year, I command you to go back to Your senders in Jesus name.
- 28. As the Lord lives, the last days of this year shall be for me days of supernatural visitation and breakthroughs, in Jesus name.
- 29. Every agent of darkness and monitoring spirits against my life and my family, I command you all to be bound this day and sent into the abyss in Jesus name.
- 30. By the Blood of Jesus Christ, I end every evil covenant of finishing badly, in Jesus name. And I decree that this year, I will finish well this year, in Jesus name.
Commit the Coming Year to the LORD
- 31. Heavenly Father, I commit the coming year into Thy Hands. May it be a year we will live and grow in Thy presence, in Jesus name.
- 2. 3I declare by faith that the coming year shall be a year of total restoration, total victory and full breakthrough, in Jesus’ name.
- 33. Every evil waiting for me in the new year, I command you to be destroyed in Jesus name.
- 34. I decree that from the beginning to the end of the coming year, I shall be like a tree planted by the riverside that bears fruit in its season, whose leaves does not wither. Whatever I do will prosper, in Jesus name (Psalm 1:1-3).
- 35. Thank You, LORD, for the coming year. I take Thy Word for my life. You shall give me peace, hope and a year full of thy blessings, in Jesus name.
Pray for Others
36. Pray that the sick will be healed
Acts 10:38 – “How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.”
There are so many sick people around you and in the hospitals. You may know some by name. Start praying for God’s healing power to be released in their lives.
37. Pray for God to send laborers
Matthew 9:37 – Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the laborers are few; 38 Pray ye, therefore, the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth laborers into his harvest.
38. Pray that the Word of God should have entrance into the hearts of men
2 Thessalonians 3:1 – Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you.
39. Pray for those in authority
1 Timothy 2:1-2 – Pray that God would move in their hearts to exercise their leadership positions for the benefits of the people. Pray that they will be able to resist the power of evil and enable the Gospel to thrive.
40. Pray for the move of God in your community
1 Timothy 2:3-4 – God does not want anyone to perish. So pray for your community. Pray that the Word of God will prevail in the land and that the Gospel will bear fruits of mass salvation and baptism of the Holy Spirit.